ALL THINGS SHINING
Welcome to ALL THINGS SHINING: The Terrence Malick Film Forum

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction

Post  thevoid99 on Wed May 11, 2011 1:11 am

Hello, I'm Steven aka thevoid99 of Surrender to the Void.

I'm a blogger that's been writing reviews for about a decade. Mostly at Epinions.com which I've left in July of last year. I've written loads of films and music reviews over the years. I have all four of Terry's films on DVD. Two of them via Criterion.

I've recently contributed some ideas about preparing Malick newbies of what to expect in The Beginner's Guide to Terrence Malick. So far, I've gotten positive comments on that post and I'm definitely excited for The Tree of Life.

thevoid99

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction

Post  Admin on Wed May 11, 2011 6:02 am

Hey Steve! Great to have you, that is a great piece you put together, feel free to link it over on The Tree of Life Forum.
Admin
Admin

http://terrencemalick.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Exnihilo on Wed May 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello. I'm a writer from NYC. Good to see this forum functioning.

Matt Zoller Seitz is doing some work of his own on Malick.
http://www.movingimagesource.us/articles/all-things-shining-pt-1-20110510

Thanks for this link!

Exnihilo

Back to top Go down

haloes!

Post  Nicholas on Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 pm

hello,

I'm a layman Malick geek, even read his translation of Heidegger's Essence of Reasons!!!

32 years old, from Milwaukee.

I love his films. Figured it was a great time to join, because of you know what Smile

Loved the blog which of course led me here.

Well look forward to talking to all of you.

Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas on Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 pm

thevoid99 wrote:Hello, I'm Steven aka thevoid99 of I've recently contributed some ideas about preparing Malick newbies of what to expect in [url=http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2011/04/beginners-guide-to-terrence-malick.html]The Beginner's Guide to Terrence Malick. So far, I've gotten positive comments on that post and I'm definitely excited for The Tree of Life.
that sounds like a good idea. I'll never forget the day after I watched the New World for the first time. I was talking to my sister on the phone, and I told her I saw one of the greates movies ever last night! And she says her husband and her saw something so boring. Guess what? Lol!

So yeah this could be a big help. I mean I guess ultimately either one gets it or they dont, but a primer might help or spark some interest.

Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Hi There.

Post  ife on Sun May 15, 2011 9:26 am

Hey all,

I'm a movie theater manager in Washington DC. Been a Malick devotee since I saw Badlands and Days of Heaven on the big screen in my first year of college in 1999. I had seen the Thin Red Line the year before when it was released, but it didn't click with me then. Needless to say, I came around to it when I saw it again (and again and again...) and was pretty obsessive by the time the New World was released. The New World blew me away (I saw it 5 times on the big screen) and I've been looking forward to Tree of Life since!

There's word of a press screening of TTOL at another theater this week that I'm going to try and get into. I'll come back and post my thoughts here if I do.

ife

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun May 15, 2011 5:20 pm

awesome and please do!

P.
Admin
Admin

http://terrencemalick.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  berry on Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 am

Hello,
i'm french and i just saw the movie yesterday.
just WOW!
and thanks for this forum. Excuse my english by advance.

berry

Back to top Go down

Post  McCall on Fri May 08, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm 33, from California, and of course Terrence Malick is my favorite Director. Glad to have found this forum.

McCall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top